Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Merry Christmas



This Christmas, more than others, I felt so blessed. I know so many people that are hurting during the holidays, because of their situations, or because of the pain of those around them. My heart goes out to all of those people, and makes me even more grateful for the simple things in life, like my kids, my husband, our church family, our house, and skype! Here are a few pictures of our wonderful Christmas.

Before the chaos...



Let the chaos begin!






After the gifts were opened, Rob went out to get the paper...

Such a beautiful WHITE Christmas! Later in the evening we went to a friends house where we had our Christmas dinner. This is the view as we pulled our car out of the garage.


Our house enjoyed its first Christmas as well!


Apparently video games can occupy many kids at the same time.


After we left our friends house, (which is a story in its self... let me just say there ARE hills in the midwest, and a lot of snow: Subaru PRIDE!) we drove around a bit enjoying the still beauty of a snow covered city. Once we got home, and put the kids to bed, we enjoyed a nice game of backgammon and a new concoction. I made hot apple cider and added a bit of Grey Goose La Poire... it was amazing! (and yes our alcoholic beverages are sitting on a Bible)


The perfect ending to an amazing day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the Christmas pictures! I am very thankful for Skype as well! It almost feels like you were here! We love you lots and lots!!!

Mom said...

In the midst of everything else, I can't believe you can now put the car in the garage! Impressive!!

tabitha jane said...

so glad you had a good holiday! we LOVED being in oregon, but missed being able to see YOU