Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To My Mother:

I know it's not Mother's Day, but I still have to right this "love blog" for my mom. Many people say that they don't want to be like their moms, but I truly hope I can be just like mine. Everything I did today was because of my mom and years of watching her. This morning I did some cleaning wearing those cheesy yellow rubber gloves. They make me think of my mom because her hands would would get soar from doing too many dishes. I'm not sure why exactly, but I know that I have the same issue so I have to wear them just like she did. A lot of my day was spent knitting which is one of my mother's favorite hobbies. I'm not even sure how to knit exactly, my hand just do it on their own from watching hers over the years. I took a brake from my knitting to make fudge, a great holiday treat. My mom's is the best hands down, pure simple goodness. Mine didn't turn out quite as good, even though I use the same recipe, but it still makes me think of her. Finally, I just finished making pizza, homemade crust and everything. My mom makes the best pizza and was one of my favorite meals growing up. I am so thankful for the way my parents raised me. But I am even more thankful for the way my mom seemed to pass on all the little things, all the thing that she did everyday, and that I now do everyday. Mom, I love you! I can't wait to see you next week! 

2 comments:

tabitha and jon said...

i can't wait to go home and see my family too!!!

Michelle said...

Since the computer at home has been down, I haven't had a chance to read your blog. Now I'm crying at work! Thank you so much. This is the best Christmas present I could have had... besides having all of you get here soon!