Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Haircuts, Birthdays, and Big News


Monday was a fun day. The boys went for a hike with a friend, and Grace and I ran errands all over town. I love having one on one time with my kids! One of the errands was to get my hair cut.... well here is my new sassy hairdo...





That night a few of us girls went to JP wine bar for Jessie's birthday. I simply love this place! It has an awesome atmosphere, great food, wonderful wine and even good coffee.


Abby had a wine flight... so they all came as a sample... she didn't drink four full glasses of wine at one time... fyi ;)


I passed on the wine (kind of a bummer) but had a great latte


This is the cheese flight with three different cheeses and everything you can imagine to eat with the cheese.


Yay for the girls getting out once in a while...
and having a little fun...



You might have picked up on it... but I didn't have any wine because I am pregnant! Rob and I found out last week that we are expecting our third little baby! We are so excited! Since the first two were so close together it seems like a blur. Now I'm thrilled to do it all over again (I've even been excited about my nausea... I know weird). I'll be sure to keep you all updated and post some belly pics once a start showing!


9 comments:

tabitha jane said...

WHAT?!?!?!? wow!!! that's so awesome! jon's never gonna believe it!

Unknown said...

Your hair cut is SO stinking cute, and I have cheese plate envy. When you come out, can we go somewhere and eat food, drink coffee and reminisce about the Brazen Bean... oh how I miss thee.

Lacey said...

OKay once again I forgot to specify that it is ME, Lacey, writing you, and not Seth. But you knew that, I'm sure. I just didn't want others to wonder who this Seth character is, making such comments.

Beth Cunningham said...

I'm so relieved to see Lacey clarify who is commenting. I was concerned about Seth having hair envy. Seriously glad to know all is well at the Holbert home!

The cheeseplate. I'm salvating. I'm going there next time I come to KCMO if I must go by myself. Something tells me that won't happen. I don't suppose they do a to-go thing. Hmmm ... something to ponder.

Anyway - I'm glad you had such a blast and yes ... your hair is actually stinkin' cute - whether Seth OR Lacey say so.

Laura Jean said...

Congratulations Corrie!! And also, VERY cute haircut! Trying to muster up the courage to cut mine short also... but whenever I say it, someone always goes "NO DON'T CUT IT!" grrrrr who knows if it'll ever happen ;)

lizhoweth said...

OH mY GoSH!!! When I read that, I was like, "Wait, she passed on wine. Why? She's not pregnant is she? No, I think she was really happy to stop at 2" I was having this whole conversation in my head. Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats. Wow! I can't believe it. Very exciting.

Jessie said...

Guess I was chewing green gum. That picture of me is almost as hot as your hair. ;)

Jon Guddat said...

Congrats to the family from all of us up here in Washington!

The Loughran's said...

YAY!! :)
I love your new hair, super cute!