Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Who Is Your Barista?


It's no secret that our family runs on coffee, and so our kids learned at a very young age how to play barista. They bring us soy lattes, americanos, and the occasional doppio macchiato. However, this day I got a surprise with my latte... and ended up with the best picture ever!





Seriously, I'm pretty sure I have the cutest, most creative kids ever! In other news, as much as I love staying home with my precious little baristas, I'm heading back to school in a few weeks. Before we moved, I had been going to school for the past year. While the last few months off of school have been a nice break, I'm very excited to be heading back to the classroom. School is a huge part of my life... not that it is that spectacular, it just keeps me sane. It gives me something to do for myself, you know, something other than laundry, dishes, and laundry. It gives me a reason to get out of the house and have intelligent conversations about the world outside our four little walls, a world outside of Cheerios and Mickey Mouse. The best part of it all is that I get to do something one day a week and still be at home the rest of the time!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I too, love the world of Cherrios and Mickey Mouse, I am so excited that you're pursuing your passion with relentless tenacity! You're an amazing mom, the best wife I could ask for (and then some) and I know you're sure to be an amazing phycologist! Or therepist. Or analist. Or some combination of the two...I'll let you put that one together, lol. I love you.

rob.

lizhoweth said...

that's awesome, corrie! i don't think i knew this. so, going by rob's comment, you're going to school for psychology? very exciting. and it completely fits corrie. always such a good student.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I love Justice's hulk meets starbucks... would that be Starhulks? I'm excited that you're going back to the books, I'm sure it will be nice especially during the wintery months.. although you've said that you guys actually get sunshine during january... which is absurd. Actually we had sunshine today and Caleb and I went for a walk. I had to wear sunglasses cause my retnas felt like they were burning. I might be turning into a mole.. I'm not sure, I'll let you know. In other news, in my world surrounded by Horton Hears a Who and toast (Caleb's go-to vices)I think I am going insane and am wondering if I should go to school too... perhaps to become a therapist as well so I can counsel myself through motherhood. sigh. miss you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Maybe with all your edgamucation you can even teach me how to spell.

Beth Cunningham said...

I love this! Of course in my mind I'm picture a hulk barista with the green muscle costume (just for added effect!) That Justice will wear the mask is another marker of maturity. I'm not sure what wall chart you'd find it on - but it's sticker worthy, I'm pretty sure.

I'd let that little monster serve me a soy latte any day.

I sure miss you all ... every single one.
Let's meet for coffee soon - ok?

Ben and Cherianne V said...

I am so happy for you! That's great you are going to school to become a psychologist!

tabitha jane said...

oh yay! what will you study?

The Loughran's said...

That is one of the funniest things I've seen! So cute

Dave Clausen said...

Great picture! I think I had service from someone that looked like that once...

It looks like you guys are doing well in KC!

Dave Clausen (Beth's brother)