Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally... The Road Trip


Our road trip started out in Portland, Oregon at 6:30 am and ended a few days later in Kansas City, Missouri at 2:00 pm. Total time 55 1/2 hours! Not bad with two toddlers in the car. We made our stops pretty short and our nights in hotels were short as well... actually we lost an hour each night so our nights were even shorter and I guess our total time was actually 53 1/2 hours. Anyway not that any of that really matters :) here are some pictures!


First thing first, drive-thru Starbucks!


This was a quick stop in La Grande, OR


No better way to say goodbye to Oregon than going to Safeway and looking at pumpkins...


Being silly in the car while I drive through Idaho, easily the most boring part of the trip!


We stopped for dinner in Twin Falls and found a little Idaho surprise... beauty!


Seriously... Idaho's secret


We stopped for our first night in Ogden, Utah  and after one day on the road we had a LOT of dead bugs on our car! At one point we thought it was raining but is was only the sound of bugs hitting our poor car!


The second day we headed through Wyoming which was surprisingly beautiful!


Even though it is apparently the beef state, I didn't see any cows but I did see all kinds of landscape.


I thought Nebraska was pretty cool too, I'm not used to seeing such a flat horizon. 


Our second night was spent in Nebraska, and in the morning we caught an amazing sunrise!


On our third day driving, we made it to Missouri!


I was pretty excited!

And so was Rob...


The kids were pretty tired from the travels, so once we were in our house, they took it easy!


I hope you all enjoy the pictures! We had an amazing trip, seriously even more fun than I thought it was going to be! Although, I'm not eager to drive back anytime soon, so from here on out we will be traveling to Oregon by plane! 


8 comments:

lack luster volume 1 said...

hallelujah we made it!

lizhoweth said...

Good job on downloading all those pictures! I think b/c we haven't hung out much since you've had kids, I still think it is weird you have full out CHILDREN. You guys are a little family! So cute. Anyway, glad you had a fun roadtrip.

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys were able to see a lot! that's very fun! I talked with Beth and Megan about their trip and it sounds like you guys are really enjoying it there and that it's homey :) Love you and will hopefully talk to you soon!

O'Briens said...

What a fun collection of photos on your drive over! Your kids are SO adorable in that last picture of them sitting in the chairs!

O'Briens said...

the last comment is from me, Kaylin :)

Megan said...

What an adventure!!! What a cool family memory! Loved the pictures!

Jon Guddat said...

Corrie, we've never met, but I'm Rob's cousin up in Washington. I got your blog from my aunt, Rob's grandma, Nita. Now our family has a way to keep in touch with you guys even though you're a couple of thousand miles away. Check us out if you want at: thekittitas4.blogspot.com

JON GUDDAT

Anonymous said...

Your road trip looks like a lot of fun! I remember taking almost that same route after I graduated from college and headed home. Lots and lots of flat land to go through! I agree, Wyoming is beautiful.