Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My 25th Birthday


I had a pretty low-key birthday. It was my first one away from all my family which was a little sad, but Rob's parents were out here and were able to celebrate with me. For my big 25th birthday, I wanted one thing: time to hang out with my favorite person in the whole world... My husband! After church the two of us took off without kids (thanks to his parents) and had a great day. I realized later that we didn't take ANY pictures, so to describe my day, I stole some pictures from google...

We had an amazing lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. The funny thing is that neither of us had been there, and we were laughing because we moved to MO to eat something Californian... anyway they had some great veggie pizzas and salads! I also had a Pina-Colada because... well it was my birthday and I felt like it :)


We spent the afternoon and evening shopping at the Plaza... it is a really cool area of downtown that proves that I don't live in Kansas!
While shopping, I got sweet Uggs! They look just like this and they are super warm... because I do live in Kansas City...

After our shopping, we went to reVerse for dinner and drinks. This place was very cool and would have felt like Portland, except they were playing a football game on a big screen. I'm not sure I get the whole, watch TV while you are in a classy restaurant... but I'm new to this whole Midwestern thing. In any case, I had an amazing time relaxing with Rob!


While we were out, the kids (with the help of Grammy and Papa) made me a cake. Last night we lit the candles, and the kids sang to me... and that moment was perfect. It really is the simple things in life that are the best!


5 comments:

lizhoweth said...

That sounds like an awesome birthday! And I'm very jealous of your Ugg boots. I was just looking on their website today b/c I want some!

Happy Birthday!! (I did think of you by the way on Sunday...23 was always "your number" so, that's how I remember your bday)

rob. said...

I love you babe. Thanks for wanting to spend your big day with me. You're my favorite person to be with!

Anonymous said...

Okay, well I left you a comment on Myspace too... but, I just needed to tell you AGAIN Happy Birthday! My brain doesn't work! If it weren't for my family I'd forget my own birthday. I can't believe I forgot to call you. I'm so glad you had a good time though. And your uggs are awesome. And the football watching in a classy restaurant just goes to show how many men out there don't have any respect for their dates. Luckily you've got a good one. Love you and see you soon!

tabitha jane said...

aw! happy birthday! we miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a happy birthday! Darin is pretty sure you live in Kansas, since it is Kansas City.;) I like your new boots. They are cute and look quite a lot like mine! We miss you!