Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and Waking up to Snow


We had a great Thanksgiving in KCMO! We had several invitations for Thanksgiving meals and even though we couldn't say yes to all of them we felt so loved! We ended up spending the majority of the day with a family that has two little kids and a lot of French influence... its kinda a long story and I don't want to post their life story on my blog... anyway we had a traditional Thanksgiving meal with a little French twist at the end including good wine and super yummy cheeses. After we all stuffed ourselves, we went on a nice walk to gear up for pie and coffee.




Well, first the boys had a little nap... and then we had pie and coffee.


Here is Grace playing with their youngest... she liked having a baby around. After the man of the house made us all lattes we all sat down and played a sweet game named Jungle Speed... seriously my new favorite game and all you Oregonians watch out because we are getting this game and playing it with you over the holidays.


Food time: As most of you know I've given up eating meat, so this Thanksgiving I was determined to make good food. Even though I didn't make a full meal, I practiced making some old and new recipes so one day I can have a full vegetarian Thanksgiving meal. 

This is the salad I brought over for Thanksgiving. I've made it many times because its beautiful and amazing!

The day after Thanksgiving we hung out with some other friends all day. For dinner we had some leftovers from the day before and my newest creation... roasted acorn squash with wild rice stuffing! I also made sweet potato pecan bread and pumpkin pie with ginger whipped cream... ahh so good!

Here's the kids taking it easy, and yes Grace is dressed up like Batman.



That was our Thanksgiving... and the only thing that could make this holiday weekend better... SNOW! It snowed a little yesterday but didn't stick. However, when we woke up this morning the ground was covered! Here is our cute little house bathing in the first snow of the season!


It looks good in white! I'm sure we will run out and play in it later so more pictures will come!

3 comments:

Beth Cunningham said...

Ok ... your salad wins. Seriously ... same ingredients - but mine just didn't look quite so mouth watering! I wish I had a plate full right now! The pictures are awesome! : ) I have some I need to post from our trip.

Soon ...

Anonymous said...

Look at you getting all gourmet (not that you weren't before)! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. I'm excited to learn to play your new favorite game! And I'm also a bit envious of your snow. Perhaps you could put some in a jar and bring it out here.

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous that we didn't get to hang out with you on thanksgiving!! Bam-Bam is getting so big! He looks like a dashing man! Where did my favorite little nephew go??